Friday, January 4, 2013

Sprout Robot: Feelgood Awesomeness that Works!

A while back, a friend introduced me to a pretty spectacular web tool: 


This is their super-awesome logo.  
This amazing site simply has you plug in your zip code, and...

Shebang!!!

Instant ideas on when to plant your seeds.

Sweet!

There are two ways you can do this.  You can be a boring wallflower and just plug in your zip code... or you can join the site.

Joining is way cooler.

Joining Sprout Robot allows you to not only see what you should plant, and when, but also gives you instructions.  Seriously.  The Sprout Robot holds your hand and guides you through everything, complete with how many seeds to plant, and how many you'll end up keeping.  It's even in a font that looks handwritten, just for that extra special touch.

How cool is that?

The website uses a feelgood gardening color scheme, and everything is written in a friendly, somewhat amusing manner.  As you design your garden, you do so with a smile.  You can upload photos, write notes, and even buy seeds direct from that adorable little Sprout Robot.

This season I'll be doing a container garden, since I have no idea whether or not I'll be in this same house after May.  If I leave, I'll want to take my garden with me, after all.  I set my Sprout Robot profile to 'container garden' in order to ensure I can do this.

All right, all right...

I'll totally plant some things in the ground.  It's fun, after all.  I just want to be sure that anything planted in ground can be easily cared for... or even neglected.  If I leave, I don't want to leave anything too difficult to care for, after all.

So don't forget to check out Sprout Robot.  It's really cute, and it's great for people who don't have a lot of time and space for gardening.

Thank you to Amanda, creator of In Heels and Backwards for letting me know about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment