Saturday, January 5, 2013

Apple Cider Vinegar: Defeat That Sinus Infection!

After I got over the flu, I wound up with its friend, the sinus infection.

No doubt, the flu was so impressed with my body's ability to host a spectacular germ party, that it got the word out that I was Party Hall Supreme.

Just great.

The thing is, sometimes I'm rather stupid.  The onset of the sinus infection was one of these times.  Rather than actually come up with something to do about it, I wallowed in self pity.



Yep.  It was a major pity party.  And it lasted 3 days.

Normally, I'd use a well-structured bath regimen to combat a bad sinus headache, but this was different.  It was a full blown infection, rather than just a killer headache.  I therefore stuck to my standby reaction when I don't have the answer: I panicked and cried.

I'm not sure why the pity party happened, nor why it lasted so long (I'm normally quite good at handling my negative emotions), but I did finally get over it.  Suddenly, I realized that there had to be something I could do.  I went to my old standby: Earth Clinic.

Earth Clinic is a folk remedy website.  On this site, people discuss what they've tried to use to heal themselves of various ailments.  These remedies are then voted on by other readers.  The voting categories are yay, nay, better but not cured, worked temporarily, and side effects.

I clicked on the link for sinus infection, and found a list of remedies, along with the number of "yays".  At 202 yays, I knew I had to try apple cider vinegar, so I got out a bottle of it, as well as a cup and water.

I mixed: 
8 ounces of water with
2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar,
and drank.

Yuck!!!

Let's just say it wasn't pleasant.  At all.  Ok, the grossness factor was through the roof.  My lips curled and I shook my head in an effort to get rid of that god-awful taste.

But within a few minutes the sinus headache that accompanied this infection was gone... for the first time in three days.  I drank another glass later, and continued to feel well.

Even the boogers looked more normal!  

Yeah, I know... you should never talk about boogers or poop in polite company.  Good thing I'm not known for being polite, right?  Because, seriously... that nasty coloration and texture of boogers that comes with a sinus infection is rather gross.  And needs to be mentioned in this case.

The next morning when I woke up...

The headache was back.  Ugh.

But!

After one glass of apple cider vinegar and water, the headache was reduced significantly.  As I type this, an hour later, it's almost entirely gone.

And I'm off to mix up another glass of that disgusting apple cider vinegar concoction, because as gross as it is, it works.



(*******Disclaimer: My post does not take the place of a doctor's advice.  Talk to your doctor first if you have a sinus infection.  Blah, blah, blah, etc. Use common sense.******)

No comments:

Post a Comment