Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Wind and Flowers

We had another strong wind.  This one didn't blow my porch glider onto its back again, thank goodness, but it did cause one problem.

I heard some sort of movement outside, but I wasn't sure what it was, exactly.  I actually thought somebody on the street was moving their trash bin to the curb.  That's how loud it was.


My daughter was actually the one that discovered the problem.  She jumped up to the window and looked out, then yelled, "Flowers!"

"Flowers?"  I replied.  I simply assumed that somebody's flowers had started to bloom.

Well, you know what they say about assuming...  ::sigh::

"Mommy, FLOWERS!!!" she yelled again, this time pointing.  I indulged her and looked out the window...

Just in time to see the top of the milk jug holding my winter sown canterbury bells go flying off the porch.

Evidently, the sound that I heard was the top of the container hitting the metalwork on the porch a few times, before finally breaking free of the gorilla tape I used (Yep, gorilla tape.  Wow, that was strong wind.).

I ran out to chase it, and at last succeeded, so I brought it inside.  It's spring, after all, so I wasn't too worried about my seedlings dying off if the container wasn't properly sealed.

Except...

I have just discovered that we're going to have a freeze.  Ugh.

I ran out with tape sticking to four of my fingers, and did a quick fix in order to keep them alive.  Cross your fingers that I don't have to deal with more wind!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment